How Telegraph Media Group Adapts to the Changing Digital Landscape to Drive itself Forward and Continue to be Successful
Interview with Kristof Fahy, Chief Marketing Officer at Telegraph Media Group, about the changes that accompany the digital transformation of a business.
Kristof Fahy is the Chief Marketing Officer for the Telegraph Media Group. Before joining TMG in April 2015, he was CMO for William Hill plc. In his 5 years at William Hill he was a key member of the team that delivered the digital transformation of the business.
Prior to William Hill, Kristof was VP of International Marketing for Yahoo!, responsible for driving the marketing strategy for all Yahoo! companies outside the US. Kristof joined Yahoo! in November 2007 from BlackBerry where he was responsible for Brand and Communications across EMEA.
In this interview with CX Network, Kristof speaks about:
- The fundamental role of the CMO at the Telegraph Media Group is to put the customer at the centre of the ever-changing business
- The challenge of news brands having to change to grow digital readership, which is a very competitive industry with sites such as BuzzFeed and Apple News in the market
- Building strong foundations to enable innovative digital practises to enhance the customer experience going forward, though there is still a long way to go
- Potential game-changing digital platforms that will impact marketing and customer experience
- The importance of understanding the significant mind-set and attitude change that is needed when going through a digital transformation
Kristof spoke at an interactive debate, titled Examining the Latest Digital Trends and Developments and How These Will Shape the Future of Marketing, at the Digital Marketing Exchange in London yesterday and we'll be reporting on the insights shared at the event this week as well.