Takeaways From BuzzFeed's 'Honest' Call Centre Employees Video
Employees in the new video are far from engaged, how can you ensure that this does not happen in your contact centre?
BuzzFeed has published a new video in which contact centre employees are being ‘honest’ about their feelings towards customers on the phone. While they’re all bright-smiled and look like the perfect customer service representatives, there isn’t a sparkle in their eyes and what they’re saying is the exact opposite of the cheerful tone they express it in.
Gems include: "I know how long you’ve been holding and I don’t care", "I’m going to tell you the issue is resolved, so I can go on break", "I wasn’t sorry you were on hold for five minutes, I was hoping you’d hang up" and "This job has made me dead inside".
What the full video below:
How can you ensure that your employees do care about what happened that made the customer contact you in the first place, rather than them silently wishing they were ‘dead inside’?
Check out these helpful articles and interviews with customer experience leaders to optimise your call centre strategy and ensure your employees feel engaged and empowered to deliver an exceptional customer experience:
- The Business Value of Integrating the Contact Centre Within Your Omni-Channel Strategy
- The Biggest Contact Centre Pain Point? Inconsistent Information
- How Retailer Argos Changed Their Contact Strategy to Make Customer Service Digital
- 9 Innovative Ways to Increase Employee Engagement
- YO! Sushi’s Customer Service Motto? Happy Team, Happy Guests