Conference Day One
Wednesday, May 22nd, 0019
9:45 [PANEL DISCUSSION]: Technology is radically disrupting HR. How does the function need to change in order to embrace this?
It’s never been a more exciting or challenging time to be an HR professional. Technology is bringing about seismic change within organisations and rapidly creating opportunities to engage with the workforce in new ways. How we collaborate and contribute, communicate, and learn is leading to new networked structures, ways of working and job fulfillment. However, when deployed without due consideration, technology can harm
work culture, breeding dissatisfaction and denting productivity.
This panel discussion will explore what changes will be key and how to carry out the transition to embrace the rapidly evolving technologies, business models, demographics, and workplace attitudes. We will look at questions such as:
· How should you frame your technology decisions?
· What are some of the business and human benefits to getting this right?
· What other factors must be considered if technology is going to truly enable positive change?
· How can co-creation be used as a lever to change?
· Who does HR need to collaborate with differently across the business?
· What new roles or skills are needed in HR?
In this group discussion, you will explore the practical differences between employee engagement and a compelling employee experience. You’ll get a chance to discuss the best means to create urgency and impact with EX initiatives, including the executive and all-round buy-in.