Sr HR Business Partner & Project Manager, HR International
Conference Day Two
Thursday, May 23rd, 2019
Agility is a hot topic in the business world and far beyond. At first sight, it seems that embracing Agility can be reached by a simple and straightforward matter of following a new set of principles––such as innovation, openness, and empowerment––and implementing a new structure, based on self-organised teams and cross-functional collaboration.
At least, this impression appears when you follow the success stories of agility that circulate in all major media.
What we at Deutsche Telekom soon realised after starting our own Agile Journey, was that the hype of agility often overshadows various issues, tensions and hurdles that come up when transforming a traditional organisation into an agile one. Therefore, we had to find an own creative way of implementing agility into our company.
The aim of this workshop is providing you more insights into Deutsche Telekom’s agile journey and having a closer look at the Agile transformation our sub company T-Systems International is undergoing right now.
You will learn more about:
- The truth behind the scenes: hurdles and challenges of Deutsche Telekom’s Agile Journey
- Concrete learnings and best practice sharing to take home and transfer to your own business
- Understanding of the T-Systems self-enabling approach by creating an agile hub and building a company-wide language
Exercises to exchange with peers and reflect on your own next steps to becoming truly agile
You will learn about:
· Why your organisation needs to fully embrace agile
· How you can lead to drive positive change
· How to foster collaboration between teams and departments to achieve your EX goals
· Useful tools and techniques