Post-Conference Workshops: Wednesday, 29 May 2019
Wednesday, May 29th, 2019
11:00 AM How to Establish and Embed Human Centred Design Across the Organisation to Reduce Siloes and Improve Customer Offerings
Companies in every industry are trying to find new sources of value through innovating their customer product and experience. Often these efforts have not translated into enough market impact and growth. What is needed is something bolder and more disruptive, but still very simple. Human Centered Design (HCD) represents a new way of life for business. It provides many of the attributes of a startup: creativity, speed, bias for action, flexibility with risk, and radical collaboration. To achieve these results from HCD though, it is necessary to break down long-established internal barriers to put HCD at the heart of the business. This workshop will provide a guide for embedding HCD into the organization to achieve business goals.
What you will learn:
- Establishing a HCD Centre of Excellence to provide multi- program design governance
- Utilising the Centre of Excellence as a cost savings measure by managing shared design assets and research findings
- Bringing the entire organization along for the HCD journey by building a product ownership committee which sit across the organization
- Developing a cultural change program which unites the end to end customer journey with HCD in business goals
Conference Day One: Monday, 27 May 2019
Monday, May 27th, 2019
12:05 PM Applying Design Thinking to Engineering at Auckland Transport to Reduce Organisational Siloes and Improve Customer Services
Auckland Transport has been building an impressive new public transport network; and has excelled in driving patronage to-date. While an engineering focus was huge part of this success, the organisation also recognized that there was work to be done to delivery to customer needs more quickly, be digital and to prioritise work by customer needs. Two years ago, as part of an overarching strategy to better understand customer needs, and create great customer experiences quickly; customer central was established to apply human lens to their work and transition to catering for the end to end customer experience. In this session:
- How the organization engages with Customer Central to ensure it’s benefits are as far reaching as possible
- How AT have built a product ownership committee community which transcends traditional silos and adds a new agile approach to delivering solutions.
- How Customer Central and human centered design have changed the way AT is working and the benefits to the organization from this