AI 2020: The future of customer experience
An in-depth look into the intelligent enterprise investments, trends and challenges that will reshape the CX landscape over the next two years
The age of artificial intelligence (AI) has arrived and is on the verge of up-ending and remaking the customer experience industry; and everyone operating in the CX sphere needs a plan for how they are going to adapt – or face getting left behind by their competitors. Our research found that 36 per cent of businesses are already at the beginning/planning phase of their AI journey. But in just over two years – by 2020 – more than half (53 per cent) of organisations anticipate their AI operations will be “established”.
This report looks to gage this optimism and understand these concerns by probing the challenges, opportunities and potential impact that intelligent enterprise technologies will have on the industry. We use the term intelligent enterprise (IE) to refer to the suite of new technologies that are revolutionising how companies operate, both internally and externally, such as: AI, the internet of things (IoT), Robotic process automation (RPA), machine learning and data analysis procedures.
Almost 200 customer experience practitioners from around the globe – including experts from leading companies such as Microsoft and Hermes – took part in our in-depth research which looked at:
- The IE applications that will have the most impact on businesses by 2020
- What stage businesses are on their AI journey and where they want to be by 2020
- The biggest challenges for organisations to implementing IE in their business and what can be done to overcome them
- Business readiness for investment in AI
- Solution providers organisations are currently looking at to work with
- And much more